Details for Benchmark: LC0571
N 40° 18.083 W 088° 41.867 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In MCLEAN county, IL View Original Datasheet
- YORK AZ MK
- Marker Type:
- azimuth mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1959 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1959
5.2 MI SE FROM LE ROY. ABOUT 4.95 MILES SOUTHEAST ALONG THE NEW YORK CENTRAL RAILROAD FROM THE STATION AT LE ROY, THENCE 0.25 MILES NORTH ALONG A GRAVEL ROAD, AT A DRIVEWAY WEST TO A FARM HOUSE, 20 FEET WEST OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE ROAD, 2 FEET EAST OF A FENCE, 113 1/2 FEET SOUTH OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE DRIVEWAY, 94 FEET SOUTH OF A POWER POLE WITH A TRANSFORMER, 1.4 FEET EAST OF A METAL WITNESS POST, ABOVE THE LEVEL OF THE ROAD, SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST PROJECTING 3 INCHES.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.