Details for Benchmark: LC0620
N 40° 25.500 W 088° 56.733 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In MCLEAN county, IL View Original Datasheet
- CENTRAL AZ MK
- Marker Type:
- azimuth mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1959 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1959
4.6 MI SE FROM BLOOMINGTON. ABOUT 4.55 MILES SOUTHEAST ALONG THE NEW YORK CENTRAL RAILROAD FROM THE FREIGHT STATION AT BLOOMINGTON, THENCE 0.05 MILES WEST ALONG AN ASPHALT ROAD, 29 FEET SOUTH OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE ROAD, 1 FOOT NORTH OF A FENCE, 4 FEET WEST OF A T-FENCE CORNER, 53 FEET EAST OF THE CENTER LINE OF A DRIVEWAY SOUTH TO A FARM HOUSE, 1.9 FEET NORTHEAST OF A METAL WITNESS POST, ABOUT LEVEL WITH THE ROAD AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST PROJECTING 5 INCHES.
|01/01/1986 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1986
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION. NEW DESCRIPTION FOLLOWS. 1.1 KM (0.7 MI) SOUTHEASTERLY ALONG U.S. HIGHWAY 150 FROM ITS JUNCTION WITH INTERSTATE HIGHWAY 55 BUSINESS LOOP IN BLOOMINGTON, THENCE 0.8 KM (0.5 MI) SOUTHERLY ALONG A PAVED ROAD, THENCE 2.7 KM (1.7 MI) SOUTHEASTERLY ALONG THE CONRAIL RAILROAD, THENCE 0.1 KM (0.05 MI) WEST ALONG A PAVED ROAD, 16.6 M (54.5 FT) EAST OF THE CENTER OF A DRIVEWAY, 9.5 M (31.2 FT) SOUTH OF THE CENTER OF THE ROAD, AND 0.2 M (0.7 FT) EAST OF A 4 BY 4 INCH CONCRETE RIGHT-OF-WAY POST. THE MARK IS 0.5 METERS E FROM A WITNESS POST THE MARK IS ABOVE LEVEL WITH THE ROAD.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.