Details for Benchmark: LC0678
N 40° 32.450 W 088° 59.217 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In MCLEAN county, IL View Original Datasheet
- KERRICK RM 2
- Marker Type:
- reference mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1959 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1969 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1969
2.3 MI N FROM NORMAL. ABOUT 2.3 MILES NORTH ALONG THE ILLINOIS CENTRAL RAILROAD FROM THE STATION AT NORMAL, 0.2 MILE NORTH OF A RAILROAD UNDERPASS FOR INTERSTATE HIGHWAY 55, 0.4 MILE SOUTH OF A CROSSING OF THE RAILROAD AND A PAVED ROAD, 96 FEET WEST OF THE WEST RAIL, 34 1/2 FEET NORTH-NORTHWEST OF A TELEPHONE POLE, 137.66 FEET NORTHWEST OF TRIANGULATION STATION KERRICK 1959, 3 FEET NORTH-NORTHEAST OF A CORNER FENCE POST, 1 1/2 FEET EAST OF A FENCE, ABOUT 3 FEET ABOVE THE LEVEL OF THE TRACK, AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST WHICH PROJECTS 1 INCH ABOVE THE SURFACE OF THE GROUND. SEC 16, T24N, R2E
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991. WARNING-Repeat measurements at this control monument indicate possible vertical movement.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.