Details for Benchmark: LC0693
N 40° 33.367 W 088° 54.600 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In MCLEAN county, IL View Original Datasheet
- M 246
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1960 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1961 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1961
0.8 MI SW FROM TOWANDA. ABOUT 0.05 MILES SOUTHWEST ALONG MAIN STREET FROM THE GULF MOBILE AND OHIO RAILROAD STATION IN TOWANDA, THENCE 0.2 MILES WEST ALONG WEST MONROE STREET, THENCE 0.6 MILES SOUTHWEST ALONG U.S. HIGHWAY 66, AT MILEPOST 119 ON THE GULF MOBILE AND OHIO RAILROAD, AND AT A FARM ROAD CROSSING, 57 FEET SOUTHEAST OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE NORTH BOUND LANE OF U.S. HIGHWAY 66, 40 FEET NORTHWEST RAIL OF THE SOUTH BOUND TRACK OF THE GULF MOBILE AND OHIO RAILROAD, 102 FEET NORTH NORTHWEST OF THE CENTER OF CROSSING OF THE FARM ROAD AND THE SOUTH BOUND TRACK, 43 FEET NORTH NORTHWEST OF MILE POST 119, 2.5 FEET SOUTHEAST OF A TELEGRAPH POLE, 3.3 FEET EAST OF A METAL WITNESS POST, 2 FEET ABOVE THE LEVEL OF THE HIGHWAY, AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST PROJECTING 1 INCH.
|01/01/1987 by USPSQD (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1987 (GG)
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.