Details for Benchmark: LC0703
N 40° 35.600 W 088° 51.267 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In MCLEAN county, IL View Original Datasheet
- REEK RM 2
- Marker Type:
- reference mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1960 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1961 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1961
3.1 MI NE FROM TOWANDA. ABOUT 0.05 MILE SOUTHWEST ALONG MAIN STREET FROM THE GULF MOBILE AND OHIO RAILROAD STATION IN TOWANDA, THENCE 0.2 MILE WEST ALONG MONROE STREET, THENCE 2.85 MILES NORTHEAST ALONG U.S. HIGHWAY 66 AT JUNCTION OF A NORTH AND SOUTH GRAVELED CROSSROAD, 70 FEET SOUTHEAST OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE NORTH-BOUND LANE OF U.S. HIGHWAY 66, 39 FEET NORTHWEST OF THE NORTHWEST RAIL OF THE SOUTH-BOUND TRACK, 260 FEET NORTHEAST OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE NORTH-SOUTH GRAVELED ROAD, 3 FEET NORTHEAST OF A TELEPHONE POLE, 31.8 FEET SOUTHWEST OF TRAVERSE STATION REEK, 1.7 FEET NORTHEAST OF A WITNESS POST, AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST 2 FEET ABOVE THE LEVEL OF THE HIGHWAY AND FLUSH WITH THE GROUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.