Details for Benchmark: LC0706
N 40° 35.767 W 088° 51.033 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In MCLEAN county, IL View Original Datasheet
- REEK AZ MK
- Marker Type:
- azimuth mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1960 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1961 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1961
3.4 MI NE FROM TOWANDA. ABOUT 0.05 MILE SOUTHWEST ALONG MAIN STREET FROM THE GULF MOBILE AND OHIO RAILROAD STATION IN TOWANDA, THENCE 0.2 MILE WEST ALONG WEST MONROE STREET, THENCE 3.15 MILES NORTHEAST ALONG U.S. HIGHWAY 66, THENCE 0.05 MILE SOUTHWEST ALONG THE GULF MOBILE AND OHIO RAILROAD, 32.5 FEET SOUTHEAST OF THE SOUTHEAST RAIL OF THE NORTHBOUND TRACK, 223 FEET SOUTH OF THE CENTER OF CROSSING OF A FARM ROAD AND THE NORTH-BOUND TRACK, 2 FEET NORTHWEST OF A FENCE, 210 FEET SOUTHEAST OF THE SOUTHEAST END OF A METAL GATE, 2.5 FEET WEST OF A METAL WITNESS POST, 1 FOOT ABOVE THE LEVEL OF THE TRACK, AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST PROJECTING 2 INCHES. NOTE-- THIS MARK MAY ALSO BE REACHED FROM THE POST OFFICE IN LEXINGTON BY GOING 0.45 MILE WEST ALONG WEST MAIN STREET, THENCE 4.5 MILES SOUTHWEST ALONG U.S. HIGHWAY 66, THENCE 0.05 MILE SOUTHWEST ALONG THE GULF MOBILE AND OHIO RAILROAD.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.