Details for Benchmark: LC0707
N 40° 36.233 W 088° 49.900 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In MCLEAN county, IL View Original Datasheet
- MONEY AZ MK
- Marker Type:
- azimuth mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1960 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1961 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1961
4.1 MI SW FROM LEXINGTON. ABOUT 0.45 MILES WEST ALONG WEST MAIN STREET FROM THE POST OFFICE IN LEXINGTON, THENCE 3.2 MILES SOUTHWEST ALONG U.S. HIGHWAY 66, THENCE 0.45 MILES SOUTH ALONG A GRAVEL ROAD, AT THE T-JUNCTION OF AN EAST-WEST GRAVEL ROAD, 23 FEET SOUTH OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE EAST-WEST ROAD, 7 FEET EAST OF THE EXTENDED CENTER LINE OF ROAD NORTH 25 FEET SOUTH-SOUTHEAST OF THE CENTER OF THE JUNCTION, 1 FOOT NORTH OF A FENCE, 22 FEET EAST OF A POWER POLE, 1.7 FEET WEST OF A METAL WITNESS POST, ABOUT LEVEL WITH THE ROAD, AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST PROJECTING 4 INCHES.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.