Details for Benchmark: LC0717
N 40° 38.500 W 088° 46.867 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In MCLEAN county, IL View Original Datasheet
- LEXINGTON RM 1
- Marker Type:
- reference mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1960 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1961 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1961
AT LEXINGTON. IN LEXINGTON, ABOUT 0.2 EAST ALONG MAIN STREET FROM THE POST OFFICE, IN THE WEST NORTHWEST PART OF THE CITY PARK, 13 FEET EAST OF THE CENTERLINE OF PARKWAY STREET, 26 FEET SOUTHEAST OF THE CENTER OF THE JUNCTION OF MAIN STREET AND PARKWAY STREET, 3.5 FEET WEST OF A POWER LINE BRACE POLE, 21 FEET SOUTHWEST OF A METAL FLAGPOLE, 40.5 FEET WEST SOUTHWEST OF A STONE MONUMENT, 46 FEET SOUTH OF THE SOUTH EDGE OF A CONCRETE SIDEWALK, 80.9 FEET SOUTHWEST OF TRAVERSE STATION LEXINGTON, ABOUT LEVEL WITH PARKWAY STREET, AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST FLUSH WITH THE GROUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.