Details for Benchmark: LC0731
N 40° 42.217 W 088° 44.767 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In MCLEAN county, IL View Original Datasheet
- X 246
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- light structures
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1960 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1961 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1961
2.7 MI SW FROM CHENOA. ABOUT 2.7 MILES SOUTHWEST ALONG U.S. HIGHWAY 66 FROM ITS JUNCTION WITH U.S. HIGHWAY 24 IN THE SOUTHWEST PART OF CHENOA, ABOUT 0.2 MILE NORTHEAST OF A HOUSE WEST OF THE HIGHWAY, SET IN TOP OF THE SOUTHWEST END OF THE SOUTHEAST HEADWALL OF A 2 FOOT CONCRETE BOX CULVERT UNDER THE GULF MOBILE AND OHIO RAILROAD, 150 FEET SOUTHEAST OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE NORTHBOUND LANE OF U.S. HIGHWAY 66, 12 FEET SOUTHEAST OF THE SOUTHEAST RAIL OF THE NORTHBOUND TRACK OF THE GULF MOBILE AND OHIO RAILROAD, AND ABOUT 2 FEET BELOW THE LEVEL OF THE TRACK.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.