Details for Benchmark: LC0737
N 40° 44.467 W 088° 45.267 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In MCLEAN county, IL View Original Datasheet
- A 247
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- massive structures
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1960 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1961 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1961
1.4 MI W FROM CHENOA. ABOUT 1.35 MILES WEST ALONG U.S. HIGHWAY 24 FROM ITS JUNCTION WITH U.S. HIGHWAY 66 IN THE SOUTHWEST PART OF CHENOA, ABOUT 0.10 MILES EAST OF THE JUNCTION OF A NORTH-SOUTH CROSS ROAD AN ASPHALT PAVED ROAD NORTH AND A GRAVEL ROAD SOUTH, SET IN THE TOP OF THE NORTH END OF THE EAST CONCRETE BACKWALL OF A 75 FOOT BRIDGE, 18 FEET NORTH OF THE CENTER LINE OF U.S. HIGHWAY 24, AND 1 FOOT ABOVE THE LEVEL OF THE HIGHWAY.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.