Details for Benchmark: LC0747
N 40° 47.550 W 088° 41.467 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In LIVINGSTON county, IL View Original Datasheet
- WAGNER RM 2
- Marker Type:
- reference mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1960 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1961 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1961
4.2 MI NE FROM CHENOA. ABOUT 4.15 MILES NORTHEAST ALONG U.S. HIGHWAY 66 FROM ITS JUNCTION WITH U.S. HIGHWAY 24 IN THE SOUTHWEST PART OF CHENOA, AT THE WAGNER STONE COMPANY, 61 FEET SOUTHEAST OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE NORTHBOUND LANE OF U.S. HIGHWAY 66, 38 FEET NORTHWEST OF THE NORTHWEST RAIL OF THE SOUTHBOUND TRACK OF THE GULF MOBILE AND OHIO RAIL ROAD, 1.5 FEET EAST OF A TELEGRAPH POLE, 82 FEET EAST-SOUTHEAST OF THE SOUTHEAST END OF A CONCRETE PIPE CULVERT UNDER U.S. HIGHWAY 66, 54 FEET SOUTHWEST OF TRAVERSE STATION WAGNER, 54.3 FEET SOUTHWEST OF A METAL WITNESS POST, ABOUT LEVEL WITH THE HIGHWAY AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST WHICH PROJECTS ABOUT 1 INCH.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.