Details for Benchmark: LC0835
N 40° 54.750 W 089° 02.033 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In WOODFORD county, IL View Original Datasheet
- T 229
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1960 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1969 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1969
0.8 MI N FROM MINONK. ABOUT 0.75 MILE NORTH ALONG THE ILLINOIS CENTRAL RAILROAD FROM THE STATION AT MINONK, 0.2 MILE SOUTH OF MILEPOST 826, 95 1/2 FEET EAST OF THE EAST RAIL OF THE MAIN TRACK, 81 FEET EAST OF THE EAST RAIL OF A SIDE-TRACK, 83 1/2 FEET NORTH OF THE CENTER OF A GATE, 52 1/2 FEET NORTHWEST OF THE NORTHWEST CORNER OF A CONCRETE BLOCK BUILDING, 11 FEET NORTH-NORTHWEST OF A POWER POLE WHICH BEARS A TRANSFORMER, 2 1/2 FEET SOUTHWEST OF THE NORTHWEST CORNER OF A FENCE AROUND THE MINONK SEWAGE DISPOSAL PLANT, 2.2 FEET NORTHWEST OF A METAL WITNESS POST, ABOUT 5 FEET BELOW THE LEVEL OF THE TRACK, AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST WHICH PROJECTS 3 INCHES ABOVE THE SURFACE OF THE GROUND. SEC 6, T28N, R2E.
|10/14/1998 by USPSQD (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1998
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991. WARNING-Repeat measurements at this control monument indicate possible vertical movement.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.