Details for Benchmark: LC0872
N 40° 44.283 W 089° 01.083 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In WOODFORD county, IL View Original Datasheet
- P 7
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- light structures
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1920 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1969 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1969
0.2 MI W FROM EL PASO. ABOUT 0.15 MILE WEST ALONG W. FRONT STREET FROM THE ILLINOIS CENTRAL RAILROAD STATION AT EL PASO, 41 FEET NORTH OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE STREET, 43 FEET WEST OF THE CENTER LINE OF N. ELM STREET, SET IN THE TOP OF THE EAST END OF THE SOUTH CONCRETE STEP AT THE SOUTHEAST ENTRANCE TO THE WOODFORD COUNTY NATIONAL BANK BUILDING, 1 FOOT SOUTH OF A STONE PILLAR, AND ABOUT 1/2 FOOT ABOVE THE LEVEL OF THE SIDEWALK. SEC 5, T26N, R2E
|10/23/1998 by USPSQD (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1998
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991. WARNING-Repeat measurements at this control monument indicate possible vertical movement.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.