Details for Benchmark: LC1013
N 40° 26.033 W 089° 02.067 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In MCLEAN county, IL View Original Datasheet
- G 246 RESET 1961
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- light structures
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1961 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1961
3.2 MI SW FROM BLOOMINGTON. ABOUT 2.85 MILES SOUTHWEST ALONG U.S. HIGHWAY 66 FROM ITS JUNCTION WITH U.S. HIGHWAY 51 IN THE SOUTH PART OF BLOOMINGTON, THENCE 0.10 MILE WEST ALONG AN ASPHALT PAVED ROAD, THENCE 0.3 MILE NORTH ALONG THE GULF MOBILE AND OHIO RAILROAD, SET IN TOP OF THE SOUTH END OF THE EAST HEADWALL OF AN 8 FOOT CONCRETE BOX CULVERT UNDER THE RAILROAD, 60 FEET EAST OF THE EAST RAIL, AND ABOUT 25 FEET BELOW THE LEVEL OF THE TRACK.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.