Details for Benchmark: LC1054
N 40° 18.200 W 089° 12.033 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In MCLEAN county, IL View Original Datasheet
- T 220
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- light structures
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1960 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1960
3.8 MI NE FROM ATLANTA. ABOUT 0.7 MILES NORTHEAST ALONG NORTHEAST ARCH STREET AND OLD HIGHWAY 66 FROM THE PUBLIC LIBRARY IN THE CITY PARK IN ATLANTA, THENCE 1.4 MILES NORTHEAST ALONG U.S. HIGHWAY 66, THENCE 0.65 MILES NORTH ALONG A GRAVEL ROAD, THENCE 0.8 MILES NORTH AN OILED ROAD, THENCE 0.25 MILES EAST ALONG A GRAVEL ROAD, ABOUT 0.05 MILES EAST OF A FENCE CORNER SOUTH OF THE ROAD, SET IN THE TOP OF THE WEST END OF THE SOUTH HEADWALL OF A 6 FOOT CONCRETE BOX CULVERT, 12 FEET SOUTH OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE ROAD, ABOUT 50 YARDS EAST OF A FENCE CORNER, AND ABOUT LEVEL WITH THE ROAD. NOTE-- THIS MARK MAY ALSO BE REACHED BY GOING, FROM THE JUNCTION OF U.S. HIGHWAY 136 AND U.S. HIGHWAY 66 IN THE EAST PART OF MCLEAN , ABOUT 1.2 MILES WEST ALONG U.S. HIGHWAY 136 THENCE 0.5 SOUTH ALONG AN ASPHALT ROAD, THENCE 0.7 MILES WEST ALONG AN OILED ROAD.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.