Details for Benchmark: LC1111
N 40° 07.506 W 089° 20.399 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is RESET and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In LOGAN county, IL View Original Datasheet
- DEER 2
- Marker Type:
- triangulation station disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1971 by NGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1971 (LFS)
THE STATION IS LOCATED ON ROAD RIGHT-OF-WAY, ABOUT 2 MILES SOUTHEAST OF LINCOLN, 69 FEET SOUTHWEST OF THE CENTERLINE OF STATE HIGHWAY 121 AND 1 FOOT NORTHWEST OF A METAL WITNESS POST. THE MONUMENT PROJECTS 2 INCHES AND THE DISK IS STAMPED DEER 2 1971.
TO REACH THE STATION FROM THE CHESTER EAST LINCOLN SCHOOL AT THE SOUTHEAST EDGE OF LINCOLN, GO SOUTHEAST ON STATE HIGHWAY 121 FOR 1.0 MILE TO THE STATION ON THE RIGHT. CONTINUE SOUTHEAST ON THE HIGHWAY FOR 0.5 MILE TO THE SOUTH END OF A CONCRETE BRIDGE AND THE AZIMUTH MARK ON THE LEFT.
REFERENCE MARK 3 IS 66 FEET SOUTHWEST OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE HIGHWAY AND 1 FOOT NORTHWEST OF A METAL WITNESS POST. THE MONUMENT PROJECTS 2 INCHES AND THE DISK IS STAMPED DEER 2 NO 3 1971.
REFERENCE MARK 4 IS 69 FEET SOUTHWEST OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE HIGHWAY AND 1 FOOT SOUTHEAST OF A METAL WITNESS POST. THE MONUMENT PROJECTS 3 INCHES AND THE DISK IS STAMPED DEER 2 NO 4 1971.
THE AZIMUTH MARK IS A STANDARD DISK STAMPED DEER 2 1971, SET IN A DRILL HOLE IN THE SOUTHEAST CONCRETE GUARD RAIL OF THE BRIDGE, ABOUT 3 FEET ABOVE THE LEVEL OF THE HIGHWAY, 22.8 FEET NORTHEAST OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE HIGHWAY AND 4 INCHES NORTH OF THE SOUTH END OF THE RAIL.
HEIGHT OF LIGHT ABOVE STATION MARK 1 METERS.
|01/01/1971 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1971
2 MI SE FROM LINCOLN. 1.0 MILE SOUTHEAST ALONG STATE HIGHWAY 121 FROM THE CHESTER EAST LINCOLN SCHOOL AT THE SOUTHEAST EDGE OF LINCOLN, 69 FEET SOUTHWEST OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE HIGHWAY, 1 FOOT NORTHWEST OF A METAL WITNESS POST, SET IN THE TOP OF A ROUND CONCRETE POST PROJECTING 2 INCHES.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in October 1999. No horizontal observational check was made to the station.
- The orthometric height was computed from unverified reset data.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.