Details for Benchmark: LC1122
N 40° 06.817 W 089° 23.583 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is RESET and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In LOGAN county, IL View Original Datasheet
- STATE RM 4
- Marker Type:
- reference mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1971 by NGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1971
3.8 MI S FROM LINCOLN. 3.15 MILES SOUTHWEST ALONG U.S. HIGHWAY 66 FROM ITS JUNCTION WITH STATE HIGHWAYS 10 AND 121 AT THE WEST EDGE OF LINCOLN, THENCE EAST AND SOUTH 0.25 MILE ON PAVED ROAD, THENCE 0.5 MILE ON PAVED ROAD TO MARK ON THE RIGHT, 0.3 MILE WEST OF THE LINCOLN STATE SCHOOL ANNEX, 1 FOOT EAST OF A METAL WITNESS POST, 30 FEET SOUTH OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE ROAD, 280 FEET WEST OF SCHOOL FENCE CORNER, SET IN TOP OF A ROUND CONCRETE POST PROJECTING 4 INCHES.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was computed from unverified reset data.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.