Details for Benchmark: LC1177
N 40° 29.167 W 089° 02.117 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is RESET and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In MCLEAN county, IL View Original Datasheet
- BLOON 2 RM 3
- Marker Type:
- reference mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1961 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1961
1.4 MI SW FROM BLOOMINGTON. ABOUT 1.45 MILES SOUTH AND WEST ALONG STATE HIGHWAY 9 FROM ITS JUNCTION WITH U.S. HIGHWAY 150 IN THE NORTHWEST PART OF BLOOMINGTON, ABOUT 0.3 MILE WEST OF THE JUNCTION OF AN ASPHALT PAVED ROAD SOUTH, AT A FARM HOUSE NORTH OF THE ROAD, 164 FEET NORTH OF THE CENTER LINE OF STATE HIGHWAY 9, 128 FEET NORTHWEST OF THE SOUTHWEST CORNER OF THE FARM HOUSE, 1 FOOT EAST OF A FENCE, 133 FEET NORTH OF A FENCE CORNER, 35.0 FEET NORTH OF TRIANGULATION STATION BLOON 2, 43.8 FEET NORTH OF A WOODEN WITNESS POST, AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST FLUSH WITH THE GROUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was computed from unverified reset data.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.