Details for Benchmark: LC1656
N 40° 05.900 W 088° 12.400 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In CHAMPAIGN county, IL View Original Datasheet
- V 300
- Marker Type:
- metal rod
- stainless steel rod in sleve
- Most reliable and expected to hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1986 by NGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1986
IN URBANA. IN URBANA, AT THE INTERSECTION OF EAST FLORIDA AND SOUTH BROADWAY STREETS, NEAR THE SOUTHWEST CORNER OF BLAIR PARK, 16.1 M (52.8 FT) EAST OF THE CENTER OF BROADWAY STREET, 11.1 M (36.4 FT) NORTH OF THE CENTERLINE OF FLORIDA STREET, AND 5.6 M (18.4 FT) SOUTH-SOUTHWEST OF THE SOUTH EDGE OF A SIDEWALK. NOTE--ACCESS TO DATUM POINT IS HAD THROUGH A 5-INCH LOGO CAP. THE MARK IS 0.2 M ABOVE THE STREETS.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.