Details for Benchmark: LC1678
N 40° 18.733 W 088° 42.067 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In DE WITT county, IL View Original Datasheet
- B 297
- Marker Type:
- metal rod
- stainless steel rod
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1986 by NGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1986
8.8 KM (5.45 MI) NW FROM FARMER CITY. 8.8 KM (5.45 MI) NORTHWESTERLY ALONG U.S. HIGHWAY 150 FROM ITS JUNCTION WITH STATE HIGHWAY 54 IN FARMER CITY, 0.2 KM (0.1 MI) NORTHWEST OF THE INTERSECTION OF U.S. HIGHWAY 136, 10.8 M (35.4 FT) SOUTHWEST OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE HIGHWAY, AND 0.9 M (3.0 FT) NORTHWEST OF UTILITY POLE NUMBER 48 28 29 30. NOTE--ACCESS TO DATUM POINT IS HAD THROUGH A 5-INCH LOGO CAP. THE MARK IS 0.3 METERS SE FROM A WITNESS POST THE MARK IS ABOVE LEVEL WITH THE HIGHWAY.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.