Details for Benchmark: LC1684
N 40° 21.967 W 088° 48.583 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In MCLEAN county, IL View Original Datasheet
- H 297
- Marker Type:
- metal rod
- stainless steel rod
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1986 by NGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1986
17.3 KM (10.75 MI) SE FROM BLOOMINGTON. 17.3 KM (10.75 MI) SOUTHEASTERLY ALONG U.S. HIGHWAY 150 FROM ITS JUNCTION WITH INTERSTATE HIGHWAY 55 BUSINESS LOOP IN BLOOMINGTON, 32.0 M (105.0 FT) SOUTH OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE HIGHWAY, 6.8 M (22.3 FT) EAST OF THE CENTER OF COUNTY ROAD 2375 E, AND 1.0 M (3.3 FT) SOUTH OF A UTILITY POLE. NOTE--ACCESS TO DATUM POINT IS HAD THROUGH A 5-INCH LOGO CAP. THE MARK IS 0.3 METERS W FROM A WITNESS POST AND FENCE THE MARK IS 0.3 M BELOW THE COUNTY ROAD.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.