Details for Benchmark: LC1744
N 40° 05.851 W 088° 14.754 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is UNKNOWN and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In CHAMPAIGN county, IL View Original Datasheet
- CHAMPAIGN ILLINI ELEC COOP TWR
- Marker Type:
- radio/tv tower
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
||seppo21 couldn't find LC1744
There is nothing in this location even remotely resembling the tower described.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1959 by CGS (FIRST OBSERVED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1959 (RWE)
THE STATION IS LOCATED AT THE SOUTH EDGE OF CHAMPAIGN AT 1605 SOUTH NEIL STREET.
THE STATION IS THE TOP OF A 4 LEGGED SELF SUPPORTING TOWER WHICH IS 310 FEET HIGH, IS PAINTED RED AND WHITE AND HAS A FLASHING RED LIGHT ON THE TOP.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in October 1999.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.