Details for Benchmark: LC1747
N 40° 04.997 W 088° 11.169 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is UNKNOWN and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In CHAMPAIGN county, IL View Original Datasheet
- URBANA U ILL MICROWAVE TOWER
- Marker Type:
- radio/tv mast
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1959 by CGS (FIRST OBSERVED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1959 (RWE)
THE STATION IS ABOUT 2-1/2 MILES SOUTHEAST OF THE CENTER OF URBANA AND 1 MILE WEST OF MIRA STATION.
THE STATION IS OF STEEL CONSTRUCTION PAINTED RED AND WHITE AND IS APPROXIMATELY 140 FEET HIGH.
THE POINT INTERSECTED WAS THE RED LIGHT ON THE TOP CENTER.
TO REACH THE STATION FROM THE JUNCTION OF BROADWAY AND GREEN STREETS JUST SOUTH OF THE POST OFFICE IN URBANA. GO EAST ON GREEN STREET FOR 0.6 MILE, TURN RIGHT AND GO SOUTH ON COTTAGE GROVE AVENUE FOR 0.3 MILE TO RAILROAD CROSSING AND FORKS JUST AFTER CROSSING RAILROAD, TAKE LEFT FORK AND GO SOUTHEAST AND SOUTH FOR 0.65 MILE TO RADIO STATION WKID ON LEFT, CONTINUE SOUTH FOR 1.1 MILES TO CROSSROADS, TURN LEFT AND GO EAST FOR 0.15 MILE TO THE STATION ON RIGHT.
|01/01/1965 by CGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1965 (BMR)
STATION RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION AS DESCRIBED.
AIRLINE DISTANCE AND DIRECTION FROM NEAREST TOWN--2-1/2 MILES SE OF URBANA
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in October 1999.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.