Details for Benchmark: LC1821
N 40° 24.838 W 088° 59.871 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is UNKNOWN and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In MCLEAN county, IL View Original Datasheet
- BLOOMINGTON CO NURSING HOME TK
- Marker Type:
- elevated tank
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1959 by CGS (FIRST OBSERVED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1959 (RWE)
THE STATION IS LOCATED ABOUT 5 MILES SOUTH OF THE CENTER OF BLOOMINGTON, 3-1/2 MILES EAST OF SHIRLEY AND 1/2 MILE WEST OF U.S. HIGHWAY NO. 51.
TO REACH FROM THE INTERSECTION OF U.S. HIGHWAYS 51 AND 66 IN THE SOUTH EDGE OF BLOOMINGTON, GO SOUTHERLY ON HIGHWAY 51 FOR 3.25 MILES TO THE ENTRANCE TO THE MC LEAN COUNTY NURSING HOME ON THE RIGHT. TURN RIGHT (WEST) FOR 0.5 MILE FOLLOWING AROUND THE NORTH SIDE OF NURSING HOME BUILDINGS TO THE TANK ABOUT 200 FEET FROM THE BUILDINGS.
THE POINT INTERSECTED WAS THE BALL ON TOP OF TANK.
THE TANK IS APPROXIMATELY 125 FEET HIGH, PAINTED SILVER AND IS SUPPORTED BY FOUR LEGS.
|01/01/1959 by CGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1959 (GWM)
THE STATION WAS RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION. THE DESCRIPTION AND TO REACH ARE ADEQUATE.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in October 1999.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.