Details for Benchmark: LC1828
N 40° 52.170 W 088° 37.932 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is UNKNOWN and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In LIVINGSTON county, IL View Original Datasheet
- PONTIAC MUNICIPAL TANK
- Marker Type:
- elevated tank
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1961 by CGS (FIRST OBSERVED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1961 (CAA)
STATION IS LOCATED IN THE SOUTHWEST EDGE OF PONTIAC AND IS IN THE NORTHWEST ANGLE OF SOUTH OAK AND WEST LOWELL STREETS.
STATION IS A LARGE OVAL METAL WATER TANK, IS PAINTED GREY, IS SUPPORTED BY 8 LEGS, HAS A RED LIGHT ON TOP (OFF CENTER) AND IS APPROXIMATELY 150 FEET HIGH.
POINT INTERSECTED WAS TOP AND CENTER.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in October 1999.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.