Details for Benchmark: LC1841
N 40° 44.601 W 088° 43.084 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is UNKNOWN and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In MCLEAN county, IL View Original Datasheet
- CHENOA MUNICIPAL TANK
- Marker Type:
- elevated tank
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1960 by CGS (FIRST OBSERVED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1960 (CAA)
THE STATION IS LOCATED ABOUT 2 BLOCKS EAST OF THE BUISNESS SECTION OF TOWN, JUST NORTHEAST OF THE INTERSECTION OF LINCOLN AND DIVISION STREETS. IT IS A LARGE OVAL SHAPED TANK, PAINTED SILVER IN COLOR AND IS SUPPORTED BY A 6 LEGGED STEEL STRUCTURE. THE OVER-ALL HEIGHT IS APPROXIMATELY 135 FEET.
THE POINT INTERSECTED WAS THE VENT ON TOP OF TANK.
NOTE--THIS TANK REPLACES THE MUNICIPAL STANDPIPE WHICH HAS BEEN DESTROYED.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in October 1999.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.