Details for Benchmark: LC1843
N 40° 44.631 W 088° 43.367 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is UNKNOWN and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In MCLEAN county, IL View Original Datasheet
- CHENOA ST JOSEPH CATH CH SPIRE
- Marker Type:
- church spire
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1939 by CGS (FIRST OBSERVED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1939 (FBQ)
POINT OBSERVED UPON WAS THE BASE OF THE CROSS ON THE CATHOLIC CHURCH SPIRE IN CHENOA, ILLINOIS. THIS CHURCH IS LOCATED ON OWSLEY STREET, ONE-HALF BLOCK EAST OF UNITED STATES HIGHWAY NO. 66.
THIS SPIRE WAS OBSERVED FROM TRIANGULATION STATIONS MYER, CHENOA, ZIMMERMAN AND KING.
AN INTERSECTION STATION.
|01/01/1961 by CGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1961 (CAA)
STATION WAS VISITED AND FOUND TO BE IN GOOD CONDITION. THE STATION WAS RECOVERED AS DESCRIBED.
NOTE--STATION IS LOCATED ABOUT 2 BLOCKS WEST OF THE BUSINESS SECTION. U.S. HIGHWAY 66 MENTIONED IN ORIGINAL DESCRIPTION HAS BEEN MOVED.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in October 1999.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.