Details for Benchmark: LC1905
N 40° 27.026 W 089° 00.705 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is UNKNOWN and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In MCLEAN county, IL View Original Datasheet
- BLOOMINGTON RAD STA WJBC MAST
- Marker Type:
- radio/tv mast
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1959 by CGS (FIRST OBSERVED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1959 (RWE)
THE STATION IS LOCATED ABOUT 2 MILES SOUTHWEST OF THE CENTER OF BLOOMINGTON.
TO REACH THE STATION FROM THE JUNCTION OF U.S. HIGHWAY 66 AND U.S. HIGHWAY 150 AT THE SOUTHEAST EDGE OF BLOOMINGTON, GO WEST ON U.S. HIGHWAY 66 FOR 2.5 MILES TO THE MAST ON THE LEFT.
THE STATION IS THE TOP OF A TALL MAST WHICH IS 425 FEET HIGH. THE MAST IS PAINTED RED AND WHITE AND HAS A RED FLASHING LIGHT ON TOP.
|01/01/1959 by CGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1959 (GWM)
THE STATION WAS RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION. THE DESCRIPTION AND TO REACH ARE ADEQUATE.
|01/01/1965 by CGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1965 (VES)
THE STATION WAS RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION AS DESCRIBED.
|01/01/1969 by CGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1969 (PDC)
THE STATION WAS RECOVERED AS DESCRIBED.
AIRLINE DISTANCE AND DIRECTION FROM NEAREST TOWN--2 MILE SOUTHWEST OF BLOOMINGTON
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in October 1999.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.