Details for Benchmark: LC1910
N 40° 18.840 W 089° 10.152 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is UNKNOWN and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In MCLEAN county, IL View Original Datasheet
- MC LEAN MUNICIPAL TANK
- Marker Type:
- elevated tank
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1959 by CGS (FIRST OBSERVED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1959 (GWM)
THE STATION IS THE CENTER OF THE TOP OF THE MUNICIPAL WATER TANK LOCATED NEAR THE CENTRAL SECTION OF MC LEAN. IT IS A STEEL TANK SUPPORTED BY A FOUR LEGGED STEEL STRUCTURE AND IS PAINTED SILVER. THE HEIGHT IS ABOUT 135 FEET.
|01/01/1960 by CGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1960 (RCJ)
THE STATION WAS RECOVERED AS DESCRIBED AND FOUND IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in October 1999.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.