Details for Benchmark: LC1918
N 40° 09.290 W 089° 21.302 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is UNKNOWN and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In LOGAN county, IL View Original Datasheet
- LINCOLN STETSON CHINA CO TANK
- Marker Type:
- elevated tank
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1960 by CGS (FIRST OBSERVED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1960 (CAA)
THE STATION IS LOCATED IN THE NORTHEAST EDGE OF LINCOLN AND ON THE NORTHWEST SIDE OF THE STETSON CHINA CO., BUILDING.
TO REACH FROM THE JUNCTION OF U.S. HIGHWAY 66 (BUSINESS ROUTE) AND STATE HIGHWAY 10, GO NORTHEAST ON U.S. HIGHWAY 66 FOR 0.2 MILE TO THE RAILROAD TRACKS, TURN LEFT AND GO WEST FOR 0.1 MILE TO THE STATION.
THE STATION IS A SILVER TANK, SUPPORTED BY 4 LEGS, HAS STETSON CHINA CO. LINCOLN ILL. PAINTED IN BLACK LETTERS ON THE NORTH AND SOUTH SIDES AND IS APPROXIMATELY 140 FEET HIGH.
THE POINT INTERSECTED WAS THE LIGHT ON TOP OF TANK.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in October 1999.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.