Details for Benchmark: LC2010
N 40° 34.168 W 089° 38.387 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is UNKNOWN and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In TAZEWELL county, IL View Original Datasheet
- PEKIN HIGH SCH HEATING PLT STK
- Marker Type:
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1935 by CGS (FIRST OBSERVED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1935 (CAS)
THIS STATION IS THE STACK AT THE HEATING PLANT OF THE PEKIN HIGH SCHOOL, IN THE CITY OF PEKIN, LOCATED ABOUT 85 FEET S OF THE S RAIL OF THE ATCHISON, TOPEKA AND SANTA FE RAILROAD, ABOUT 120 FEET W OF THE CENTER LINE OF NINTH STREET, AND ABOUT 210 FEET N OF THE CENTER LINE OF ANN ELIZA STREET. THE STACK ABOUT 160 FEET HIGH ERECTED IN 1917 AND NOT ESPECIALLY PROMINENT, IS AT THE W END OF THE HEATING PLANT.
THE STACK IS A RED BRICK STRUCTURE ABOUT 16 FEET IN DIAMETER AT THE BASE AND ABOUT 8 FEET IN DIAMETER AT THE TOP. THERE IS A SLIGHT COLLAR AT THE TOP.
|01/01/1959 by CGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1959 (RLS)
RECOVERED AS DESCRIBED AND FOUND TO BE IN GOOD CONDITION. ACCORDING TO INFORMATION OBTAINED FROM THE CHIEF ENGINEER, THERE IS A TENTATIVE PLAN TO TEAR DOWN THE STACK IN A YEAR OR TWO.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in October 1999.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.