Details for Benchmark: LK0010
N 40° 44.937 W 102° 17.204 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In PHILLIPS county, CO View Original Datasheet
- G 15
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1926 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1941 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1941
12 MI N FROM HOLYOKE. ABOUT 12 MILES NORTH ALONG STATE HIGHWAY 51 FROM HOLYOKE, AT THE PHILLIPS-SEDGWICK COUNTY LINE, 47.6 FEET EAST OF THE HIGHWAY, 28.8 FEET SOUTH OF AN EAST-AND-WEST FENCE, AND 2.3 FEET WEST OF A NORTH -AND-SOUTH FENCE. A STANDARD DISK, STAMPED 3771.948 G 15 1926 AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST PROJECTING 6 INCHES ABOVE GROUND.
|10/03/1995 by CODOT (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY COLORADO DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION 1995 (JS)
THE STATION IS LOCATED ABOUT 16.5 MI (26.6 KM) SOUTH OF JULESBURG, 11.0 MI (17.7 KM) NORTH OF HOLYOKE AND AT THE PHILLIPS-SEDGWICK COUNTY LINE, AT THE NORTHWEST 1/4 OF SECTION 20, T 9 N, R 44 W, AT U.S. HIGHWAY 385 MILEPOST 290.85. OWNERSHIP--COLORADO DEPT. OF TRANSPORTATION RIGHT-OF-WAY. TO REACH THE STATION FROM THE JUNCTION OF U.S. HIGHWAY 385 AND INTERSTATE 76 SOUTH OF JULESBURG, GO SOUTH ON U.S. HIGHWAY 385 FOR 18.65 MI (30.01 KM) TO THE STATION ON THE LEFT AT THE COUNTY LINE. THE STATION IS A DISK IN THE TOP OF A SQUARE CONCRETE POST PROJECTING 20 CM ABOVE THE GROUND. IT IS 17.0 M (55.8 FT) SOUTH OF THE EXTENDED CENTER OF THE SEDGWICK COUNTY ROAD 2 AND PHILLIPS COUNTY ROAD 44, 14.45 M (47.41 FT) EAST OF THE CENTER LINE OF U.S. HIGHWAY 385, 5.0 M (16.4 FT) EAST-SOUTHEAST OF THE SEDGWICK COUNTY SIGN, 0.75 M (2.46 FT) SOUTHWEST OF A WITNESS POST, 0.35 M (1.15 FT) SOUTH OF AN ANGLE IRON, 0.25 M (0.82 FT) NORTH-NORTHEAST OF A WITNESS POST AND ABOUT 30 CM ABOVE THE HIGHWAY.
|02/22/1999 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1999 (RSC)
RECOVERED AS DESCRIBED.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by GPS observations and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1996.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The X, Y, and Z were computed from the position and the ellipsoidal ht.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The ellipsoidal height was determined by GPS observations and is referenced to NAD 83.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.