Details for Benchmark: LK0071
N 40° 13.215 W 102° 15.313 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In YUMA county, CO View Original Datasheet
- M 14
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|1/1/1926 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|1/1/1971 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1971
10.8 MI N FROM WRAY. TO REACH FROM THE INTERSECTION OF U.S. HIGHWAYS 34 AND 385 AT WRAY, COLORADO, GO NORTH 6.7 MILES ALONG US HIGHWAY 385 TO CROSSROADS, TURN LEFT (W) FOR 0.25 MILES TO T-ROAD, TURN RIGHT (N) AND FOLLOW GRADED ROAD 3.8 MILES, BENCH MARK IS LOCATED 5 FEET S. AND 2 FEET W. OF NE COR. OF R.O.W. FENCE.
|2/24/1999 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1999 (RSC)
THE STATION IS LOCATED ABOUT 25 MI (40.2 KM) SOUTH OF HOLYOKE AND 9.7 MI (15.6 KM) NORTH OF WRAY, IN THE SOUTHWEST 1/4 OF SECTION 14, T 3 N, R 44 W. OWNERSHIP--MAYBE COUNTY ROAD RIGHT-OF-WAY TO REACH THE STATION FROM THE INTERSECTION OF U. S. HIGHWAY 385 AND U. S. HIGHWAY 34 IN THE TOWN OF WRAY, GO NORTH ON U. S. HIGHWAY 385 FOR 9.6 MI (15.4 KM) TO MILEPOST 252.9 AND THE INTERSECTION OF COUNTY ROAD 44.5. TURN LEFT, WEST, ON COUNTY ROAD 44.5 FOR 0.5 MI (0.8 KM) TO A T-INTERSECTION AND COUNTY ROAD FF. TURN RIGHT, NORTH, ON COUNTY ROAD FF FOR 0.5 MI (0.8 KM) TO THE STATION ON THE RIGHT AT THE CORNER OF THE OLD RIGHT ANGLE TURN THE MARK IS A STANDARD DISK SET INTO THE TOP OF A SQUARE 20 CM CONCRETE POST RESESSED 10 CM IN THE GROUND. IT IS 48.0 M (157.5 FT) NORTHEAST FROM THE HIGH POINT OF THE CURVE OF THE COUNTY ROAD, 16.2 M (53.1 FT) EAST FROM A POWER POLE WITH GUY POLE TO THE NORTH AND IS AN INTERSECTION POLE AS WELL, 12.3 EAST FROM A ROAD TO A TRAILER, 12.3 M (40.4 FT) SOUTHWEST FROM THE SOUTHERN MOST FAN OF THE SOUTHERN ONE OF TWO SILOS, 3.5 M (11.5 FT) WEST FROM A POWER POLE WITH THREE TRANSFORMERS AND AN ELECTRIC METER, 1.7 M (5.6 FT) NORTHWEST FROM THE END OF A FENCE POST MADE OUT OF A POWER POLE AND 0.35 M (1.15 FT) WEST FROM A WITNESS POST.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by GPS observations and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in November 1999.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The X, Y, and Z were computed from the position and the ellipsoidal ht.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The ellipsoidal height was determined by GPS observations and is referenced to NAD 83.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.