Details for Benchmark: LK0227
N 40° 28.957 W 103° 21.080 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In LOGAN county, CO View Original Datasheet
- A 17
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|1/1/1926 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|1/1/1941 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1941
AT MERINO. AT MERINO, ON THE UNION PACIFIC RAILROAD, AT THE CROSSING OF THE MAIN STREET, 58 FEET NORTHEAST OF THE MAIN STREET, 42 FEET NORTHWEST OF THE NORTHWEST RAIL, 40 FEET NORTH OF THE NORTH CORNER OF THE FOOTING OF WARNING BELL 702, 36 FEET SOUTHEAST OF THE CENTERLINE OF U.S. HIGHWAY 6, 7 FEET NORTHEAST OF THE PROLONGATION OF THE NORTHEAST EDGE OF THE SIDEWALK, 3 FEET EAST OF A POLE, IN LINE WITH THE ROW OF POLES, AND ABOUT 3 INCHES UNDER GROUND. A STANDARD DISK, STAMPED 4035.435 A 17 1926 AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST.
|1/1/1984 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1984
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION. A NEW DESCRIPTION FOLLOWS. IN MERINO, AT THE INTERSECTION OF U.S. HIGHWAY 61 (PLATTE STREET) AND COLORADO AVENUE, 17.7 M (58.1 FT) NORTHEAST OF THE CENTER OF THE AVENUE, 12.8 M (42.0 FT) NORTHWEST OF THE NEAR RAIL OF THE UNION PACIFIC RAILROAD, AND 11.0 M (36.1 FT) SOUTHEAST OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE HIGHWAY. THE MARK IS 0.3 METERS SW FROM A WITNESS POST THE MARK IS 0.5 M BELOW THE TRACKS.
|6/28/1995 by MSAM (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY MOUNTAIN SURVEYING 1995 (KCH)
THE STATION IS LOCATED IN THE TOWN OF MERINO, IN THE SOUTHWEST 1/4 OF SECTION 18, T 6 N, R 53 W, AT US HIGHWAY 6 MILEPOST 391.9. OWNERSHIP--DEPT. OF TRANSPORTATION RIGHT-OF-WAY. TO REACH THE STATION FROM THE INTERSECTION OF US HIGHWAY 6 (PLATTE STREET) AND COLORADO AVENUE IN MERINO, GO TO THE SOUTHEAST CORNER OF THE INTERSECTION AND THE STATION. THE STATION IS A STANDARD DISK SET IN A 12-INCH SQUARE CONCRETE POST RECESSED 40 CM BELOW GROUND. IT IS 17.7 M (58.1 FT) NORTHEAST OF THE CENTER OF THE AVENUE, 12.8 M (42.0 FT) NORTHWEST OF THE NEAR RAIL OF THE UNION PACIFIC RAILRAOD, 11.0 M (36.1 FT) SOUTHEAST OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE HIGHWAY, 7.0 M (23.0 FT) WEST OF A WHITE AND ORANGE PVC MCI FIBER OPTIC LINE WARINING SIGN, 6.8 M (22.3 FT) NORHTEAST OF A WOODEN ATT FIBER OPTIC LINE WARNING SIGN, 0.6 M (2.0 FT) WEST OF A WITNESS POST, 0.5 M (1.6 FT) NORTH-NORTHEAST OF A WITNESS POST, 0.3 M (1.0 FT) SOUTH-SOUTHEAST OF A WITNESS POST AND ABOUT 1.0 M (3.3 FT) BELOW THE TRACKS. NOTE--THE HORIZONTAL DATUM POINT IS A CENTER PUNCH IN THE CENTER OF A BAR INSIDE THE CIRCLE OF THE DISK.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by GPS observations and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in July 1996.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The X, Y, and Z were computed from the position and the ellipsoidal ht.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The ellipsoidal height was determined by GPS observations and is referenced to NAD 83.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.