Details for Benchmark: LK0253
N 40° 21.608 W 103° 13.038 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In WASHINGTON county, CO View Original Datasheet
- H 63
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|1/1/1935 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|1/1/1973 by USGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY US GEOLOGICAL SURVEY 1973
AT WAITLEY. 14.3 MILES NORTH ALONG STATE HIGHWAY 63 FROM AKRON, WASHINGTON COUNTY, 50 FEET WEST OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE HIGHWAY, 1 FOOT WEST OF THE RIGHT-OF-WAY FENCE, AT AN OLD FENCE LINE WEST, 110 FEET NORTH OF A SMALL CLUMP OF COTTONWOOD TREES. A STANDARD DISK, STAMPED H 63 1935 AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST.
|6/29/1995 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1995 (RSC)
THE STATION IS LOCATED ABOUT 16.5 MI (26.6 KM) SOUTH OF STERLING, 15 MI (24.1 KM) NORTH OF AKRON AND ABOUT 11.5 SOUTH-SOUTHEAST OF ATWOOD, IN THE NORTHEAST 1/4 OF SECTION 31, T 5 N, R 52 W, AT COLORADO STATE HIGHWAY 63 MILEPOST 42.87. OWNERSHIP--COLORADO DEPT. OF TRANSPORTATION RIGHT-OF-WAY. TO REACH THE STATION FROM THE INTERSECTION OF US HIGHWAY 34 AND STATE HIGHWAY 63 IN AKRON, GO NORTH ON STATE HIGHWAY 63 FOR 13.85 MI (22.29 KM) TO THE STATION ON THE LEFT. THE STATION IS A STANDARD DISK SET IN THE TOP OF A 12-INCH CONCRETE POST PROJECTION 10 CM ABOVE THE GROUND. IT IS 24.8 M (81.4 FT) NORTH OF THE NORTHERN MOST TREE IN A GROUP OF TREES, 15.3 M (50.2 FT) WEST OF THE CENTER OF STATE HIGHWAY 63, 0.5 M (1.6 FT) WEST OF A BARBED WIRE FENCE, 0.4 M (1.3 FT) EAST OF A WITNESS POST AND ABOUT LEVEL WITH THE HIGHWAY.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by GPS observations and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in July 1996.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The X, Y, and Z were computed from the position and the ellipsoidal ht.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The ellipsoidal height was determined by GPS observations and is referenced to NAD 83.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.