Details for Benchmark: LK0256
N 40° 26.603 W 103° 13.587 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In WASHINGTON county, CO View Original Datasheet
- L 63
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|1/1/1935 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|1/1/1941 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1941
7.9 MI S FROM ATWOOD. IN WASHINGTON COUNTY, 7.9 MILES SOUTH ALONG STATE HIGHWAY 63 FROM THE UNION PACIFIC RAILROAD STATION AT ATWOOD, LOGAN COUNTY, 6.0 MILES NORTH OF WAITLEY, 400 FEET FROM BRIDGE C 24 C, 60 FEET EAST OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE HIGHWAY, 35 FEET EAST OF A FENCE CORNER, AND 2 FEET SOUTH OF THE EAST-AND-WEST FENCE. A STANDARD DISK, STAMPED L 63 1935 AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST.
|4/17/1995 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1995 (RSC)
STATION IS LOCATED ABOUT 7.5 MILES (12.1 KM) SOUTHEAST OF ATWOOD, IN THE SE 1/4 OF SEC. 31, T. 6 N., R. 52 W. TO REACH FROM EXIT 115 (ATWOOD) , GO SOUTH ON SH 63 FOR 4.6 MILES (7.4 KM) TO THE STATION ON THE LEFT (EAST) . STATION IS A BRASS DISK, 85.5M NORTH NORTHEAST OF THE CENTER OF A WOODEN BRIDGE, 20.3M EAST OF THE CENTER OF SH 63, 13.7M WEST OF A RED PIPELINE PIPE, 4.9M EAST OF A BARBED WIRE FENCE AND CDOT ROW MARKER, 0.5M WEST OF A WITNESS POST. THE RIGHT (NORTH) . THE STATION IS A STANDARD DISK SET IN A MASS OF CONCRETE, IT IS 20 FT (6.1 M) NORTH OF THE CENTER OF COUNTY ROAD 44, 97 FT (29.6 M) WEST-NORTHWEST OF THE WESTERLY FENCE POST AT THE BRACE POST CONFIGURATION ON THE SOUTH SIDE OF COUNTY ROAD 44, 0.2 MILES (0.3 KM) WEST OF A GAS LINE CROSSING COUNTY ROAD 44, MARKED WITH A FIBERGLASS WITNESS POST (NOAA) .
- The horizontal coordinates were established by GPS observations and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in July 1996.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The X, Y, and Z were computed from the position and the ellipsoidal ht.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The ellipsoidal height was determined by GPS observations and is referenced to NAD 83.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.