Details for Benchmark: LK0285
N 40° 27.917 W 103° 57.350 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is POSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In MORGAN county, CO View Original Datasheet
- B 312
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1952 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1952
9 MI NE FROM WELDONA. 0.3 MILE NORTH ALONG A GRAVELED ROAD FROM THE UNION PACIFIC RAILROAD STATION AT WELDONA, THENCE 0.4 MILE EAST ALONG A GRADED DIRT ROAD, THENCE 0.6 MILE NORTH ALONG A GRAVELED ROAD, THENCE 0.2 MILE EAST ALONG A GRAVELED ROAD, THENCE 7.45 MILES NORTH ALONG A GRADED DIRT ROAD, 135 FEET WEST OF THE CENTER LINE OF A NORTH AND SOUTH DIRT ROAD, 57 FEET SOUTH OF THE CENTER LINE OF A TRACK ROAD LEADING WEST, 13.3 FEET NORTHWEST OF A POWER POLE, 3 FEET NORTH OF A FENCE, 3 FEET WEST OF A WITNESS POST, 50 YARDS SOUTH OF A WHITE HOUSE, SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST WHICH PROJECTS 0.4 FOOT ABOVE THE GROUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in 1992. * This is a POSTED BENCH MARK height. Code C indicates a distribution rate of 2.1 thru 3.0 mm/km.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.