Details for Benchmark: LK0655
N 40° 27.899 W 103° 13.660 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is SCALED and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In LOGAN county, CO View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- NGS Benchmark
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|1/1/1949 by USGS (MONUMENTED)
|1/1/1963 by USGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY US GEOLOGICAL SURVEY 1963
STATION IS LOCATED AT 1/4 CORNER BETWEEN SECS. 19 AND 30, T 6 N, R 52 W, 125 FT. W. AND 100 FT. S. OF CENTERLINE OF RDS., AT T-JUNCTION FORMED BY STATE HIGHWAY 63 AND DIM RD. NW., LEADING TO RANCH HOUSE AND WINDMILL, 75 FT. W. OF FENCE.
TO REACH FROM AKRON, COLORADO, GO APPROXIMATELY 21.0 MI. N. ALONG STATE HIGHWAY 63 TO DIM RD. NW., LEADING TO A SMALL RANCH (RANCH HOUSE IS VISIBLE FROM RD.), THEN PROCEED 135 FT. W. AND 100 FT. S. OF CENTERLINE OF RD. AT Y-JUNCTION, TO STATION SITE.
STATION WAS RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
STATION MARK--STANDARD TABLET, STAMPED ---FRAH 1949---, SET IN TOP OF CONCRETE POST, PROJECTING 8 IN. ABOVE GROUND.
REFERENCE MARK NO. 1--A 1/2 IN. REINFORCING ROD, PROJECTING 5 IN. ABOVE GROUND, 73.18 FT. NW. OF STATION.
REFERENCE MARK NO. 2--A 1/2 IN. REINFORCING ROD, PROJECTING 5 IN. ABOVE GROUND, 59.73 FT. NW. OF STATION.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in January 1993.
- The orthometric height was scaled from a topographic map.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.