Details for Benchmark: LK0681
N 40° 29.967 W 103° 30.277 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is SCALED and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In MORGAN county, CO View Original Datasheet
- LMM 1
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|1/1/1948 by USGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY US GEOLOGICAL SURVEY 1948
STATION IS LOCATED 8.5 MI. S. AND 16.0 MI. W. OF STERLING, COLORADO, ON SECTION LINE RD., IN THE NE. 1/4 OF THE SE. 1/4 OF SEC. 10, T 6 N, R 55 W, STATION IS NOT ON HIGHEST GROUND.
TO REACH FROM STERLING, COLORADO, GO W. ON STATE HIGHWAY 14 15.0 MI. TO MAIN RD. TO WILLARD, TURN LEFT (S.) 5.0 MI. TO WILLARD, CONTINUE S. ON MAIN TRAVELED RD. 4.0 MI., TURN RIGHT (W.) 1.0 MI., TURN RIGHT (N.) 0.4 MI. TO STATION IN LEFT RIGHT-OF-WAY FENCE.
STATION MARK--STANDARD TABLET, STAMPED ---LMM-1---, SET IN TOP OF 8 X 8 IN. CONCRETE POST, PROJECTING 3 IN. ABOVE GROUND.
REFERENCE MARK NO. 1--A 1/2 IN. IRON ROD, DISTANCE 138.9 FT. FROM STATION, S 00 DEG 52 MIN W.
REFERENCE MARK NO. 2--A 1/2 IN. IRON ROD, DISTANCE 59.85 FT. FROM STATION, S 84 DEG 42 MIN W.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in January 1993.
- The orthometric height was scaled from a topographic map.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.