Details for Benchmark: LK0714
N 40° 29.242 W 103° 53.253 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is SCALED and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In MORGAN county, CO View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- setting not listed - see description
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|1/1/1948 by USGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY US GEOLOGICAL SURVEY 1948
STATION IS LOCATED NEAR THE CENTER OF SEC. 17, T 6 N, R 58 W, 430 FT. ESE. OF FENCE LINE AT TRACK RD., 62 FT. S. OF RD.
TO REACH FROM FORT MORGAN POST OFFICE, GO N. 17.5 MI. ON STATE ROUTE 52, TURN LEFT (W.) AND GO 4.0 MI., TURN LEFT (S.) AND GO 0.6 MI., TURN RIGHT (W.) AND FOLLOW TRACK RD. PAST FARM BUILDINGS TO TOP OF RIDGE, 0.5 MI. TO STATION.
STATION MARK--STANDARD TABLET, IN CONCRETE POST, STAMPED ---GRAMMA 1948---.
REFERENCE MARK NO. 1--STANDARD REFERENCE TABLET, SET IN CONCRETE POST, 56.67 FT. FROM STATION, S 14 DEG 44 MIN E.
REFERENCE MARK NO. 2--STANDARD REFERENCE TABLET, STAMPED ---GRAMMA 2 1948---, SET IN CONCRETE POST, 73.97 FT. FROM STATION, S 70 DEG 30 MIN W.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in January 1993.
- The orthometric height was scaled from a topographic map.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.