Details for Benchmark: LL0374
N 40° 38.300 W 104° 33.317 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In WELD county, CO View Original Datasheet
- N 208
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1934 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1934
11.7 MI W FROM BRIGGSDALE. 11.7 MILES WEST ALONG OLD STATE HIGHWAY 14 FROM THE POST OFFICE AT BRIGGSDALE, WELD COUNTY, ON THE OLD HIGHWAY, 250 FEET NORTH OF THE OLD FOUNDATION OF A RANCH HOUSE AND A CEMENT SILO, 47.2 FEET NORTH OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE OLD HIGHWAY, AND LEVEL WITH THE HIGHWAY. A STANDARD DISK, STAMPED N 208 1934 AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST.
|01/01/1941 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1941
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.