Details for Benchmark: LM0364
N 40° 29.060 W 107° 02.126 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In ROUTT county, CO View Original Datasheet
- F 28
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1933 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1971 by USGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY US GEOLOGICAL SURVEY 1971
10.9 MI W FROM STEAMBOAT SPRINGS. 10.9 MI. WEST ALONG D. AND S.L. RR FROM STEAMBOAT SPRINGS FROM THE JUNCTION OF U.S. HIGHWAY 40 AND COLO. 179 IN MILNER GO WEST ON U.S. 40 FROM 0.7 MI. TO T-ROAD LEADING SOUTH, THENCE SOUTH 400 FT. TO BM ON RIGHT IN CORNER OF ROW FENCE, 50 FT. NORTH AND 26 FT. WEST OF CENTERLINE OF ROAD AT CENTERLINE OF NORTH (MAIN) RAILROAD TRACKS. A STANDARD TABLET SET IN A CONCRETE POST PROJECTING ABOUT 0.4 FT.
|06/04/1993 by CODOT (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY COLORADO DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION 1993 (LMJ)
THE STATION WAS RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION AND WAS USED IN A GPS PROJECT. THE STATION IS ABOUT O.75 MI WEST OF MILNER ON RAILROAD RIGHT-OF-WAY. TO REACH THE STATION FROM THE GENERAL STORE IN MILNER ON U.S. 40, GO WEST 0.75 MI (1.21 KM) TO INTERSECTION OF U.S. 40 AND LANDFILL ROAD. TURN SOUTH, ON LANDFILL ROAD FOR 478 FT (145.7 M) TO THE STATION ON THE RIGHT. STATION MARK IS A STANDARD BENCH MARK DISK, STAMPED F 28, SET IN THE TOP OF A 11 INCH SQUARE CONCRETE POST PROJECTING 4 INCHES ABOVE NATURAL GROUND. IT IS 32.5 FT (9.9 M) NORTH-NORTHWEST OF A RAILROAD CROSSING SIGN, 25 FT (7.6 M) WEST OF THE CENTERLINE OF LANDFILL ROAD AND 5 FT (1.5 M) SOUTHWEST OF A BARB WIRE FENCE CORNER.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by GPS observations and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in April 1997.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The X, Y, and Z were computed from the position and the ellipsoidal ht.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The ellipsoidal height was determined by GPS observations and is referenced to NAD 83.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.