Details for Benchmark: LM0522
N 40° 31.993 W 107° 46.743 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is POSTED and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In MOFFAT county, CO View Original Datasheet
- M 45
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1934 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1934
14.4 MI W FROM CRAIG. 14.4 MILES WEST ALONG U.S. HIGHWAY 40 FROM CRAIG, MOFFAT COUNTY, 79 FEET NORTHWEST OF THE NORTH END OF AN 18-INCH IRON CULVERT, AT A ROAD JUNCTION, 41 FEET EAST OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE T-ROAD LEADING NORTH, AND 37 FEET NORTH OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE HIGHWAY. A STANDARD DISK, STAMPED M 45 1934 AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST.
|01/01/1958 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1958
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
|06/21/1996 by CODOT (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY COLORADO DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION 1996 (RSC)
THE STATION IS LOCATED ABOUT 10.5 MI (16.9 KM) WEST OF CRAIG, 5.5 MI (8.9 KM) EAST OF LAY AND AT THE MOUTH OF BIG GULCH, IN THE NORTHEAST 1/4 OF SECTION 25, T 7 N, R 93 W, AT U. S. HIGHWAY 40 MILEPOST 78.0. OWNERSHIP--COLORADO DEPT. OF TRANSPORTATION RIGHT-OF-WAY TO REACH THE STATION FROM THE U. S. HIGHWAY 40 AND MOFFAT COUNTY ROAD 15, ABOUT 12.8 MI (20.6 KM) WEST OF CRAIG, GO NORTHEASTERLY 0.05 MI (0.08 KM) ON MOFFAT COUNTY ROAD 15 TO THE STATION ON THE RIGHT THE MARK IS A STANDARD DISK SET INTO THE TOP OF A 22 CM SQUARE CONCRETE POST PROJECTING 3 CM ABOVE THE GROUND. IT IS 95.0 M (311.7 FT) NORTHEAST FROM THE CENTER LINE OF U. S. HIGHWAY 40, 36.9 M (121.1 FT) NORTHEAST FROM THE TOP CENTER OF A TELEPHONE PEDISTAL NUMBER 86L 74 61, 11.8 M (38.7 FT) EAST-SOUTHEAST FROM THE CENTER OF MOFFAT COUNTY ROAD 15, 3.5 M (11.5 FT) SOUTHEAST FROM A FENCE CORNER, 0.85 M (2.79 FT) SOUTHWEST FROM A RIGHT-OF-WAY FENCE, 0.85 M (2.79 FT) WEST FROM A WITNESS POST AND ABOUT 0.6 M (2.0 FT) LOWER THAN THE COUNTY ROAD.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by GPS observations and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in March 1997.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in 1992. * This is a POSTED BENCH MARK height. Code B indicates a distribution rate of 1.1 thru 2.0 mm/km.
- The X, Y, and Z were computed from the position and the ellipsoidal ht.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The ellipsoidal height was determined by GPS observations and is referenced to NAD 83.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.