Details for Benchmark: LN0024
N 40° 32.350 W 108° 11.833 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is POSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In MOFFAT county, CO View Original Datasheet
- B 46
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|1/1/1934 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1934
7.1 MI W FROM MAYBELL. 7.1 MILES WEST ALONG U. S. HIGHWAY 40 FROM MAYBELL, MOFFAT COUNTY, NEAR A ROAD JUNCTION, 45 YARDS SOUTH OF THE ROAD LEADING TO SUNBEAM, AND 28 FEET WEST OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE HIGHWAY. A STANDARD DISK, STAMPED B 46 1934 AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST.
|1/1/1968 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1968
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
|1/1/1982 by USGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US GEOLOGICAL SURVEY 1982
7.1 MILES WEST ALONG US HWY. 40 FROM MAYBELL, 0.3 MILES WEST ALONG US HWY. 40 FROM MAYBELL, THENCE 5.6 MILES NORTHWEST ALONG STATE HWY. 318 TO Y-RD, THENCE 1.15 MILES WEST ALONG COUNTY ROAD 23 TO Y-RD EAST-SOUTHEAST IN THORNBURG DRAW, THENCE 0.4 MILES SOUTHEAST ALONG DIRT ROAD, 140 FT. NORTH OF TRANMISSION LINE, 25 FEET WEST OF CENTERLINE OF ROAD. A STANDARD DISK, STAMPED ''B 46 1934'' AND SET IN TOP OF CONCRETE POST.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in 1992. * This is a POSTED BENCH MARK height. Code A indicates a distribution rate of 0.0 thru 1.0 mm/km.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.