Details for Benchmark: LN0028
N 40° 28.667 W 108° 16.900 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is POSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In MOFFAT county, CO View Original Datasheet
- F 46
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|1/1/1934 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|1/1/1960 by USGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY US GEOLOGICAL SURVEY 1960
14.3 MI W FROM MAYBELL. 6.1 MILES WEST ALONG COLO. 318 FROM MAYBELL (JUNCTION OF U. S. 40 AND COLO. 318), 8.3 MILES SOUTHWEST ALONG GRADED ROAD. 1/4 MILE WEST OF THE TOP OF A HILL, AND 50 FEET SOUTH OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE HIGHWAY. A STANDARD DISK, STAMPED F 46 1934 AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST.
|1/1/1982 by USGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US GEOLOGICAL SURVEY 1982
ELK SPRINGS, 13.8 MILES NORTHEAST OF, 8.7 MILES NORTHEAST ALONG U.S. HWY. 40 FROM THE STATE HWY. SHOP AT ELK SPRINGS, THENCE 5.1 MILES NORTHEAST ALONG A GRADED ROAD (OLD HWY. 40), 0.9 MILE NORTHEAST OF A DEEP DRAIN CROSSING, 70 FT. SOUTH OF A BEND IN THE ROAD, 50 SOUTHEAST OF ROAD, SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST. A STANDARD DISK.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in 1992. * This is a POSTED BENCH MARK height. Code B indicates a distribution rate of 1.1 thru 2.0 mm/km.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.