Details for Benchmark: LN0039
N 40° 20.372 W 108° 28.064 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In MOFFAT county, CO View Original Datasheet
- Q 46
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|1/1/1934 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|1/1/1962 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1962
1.7 MI SW FROM ELK SPRINGS. 1.7 MILES SOUTHWEST ALONG U.S. HIGHWAY 40 FROM THE POST OFFICE AT ELK SPRINGS, 199 FEET SOUTH-SOUTHEAST OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE HIGHWAY, 144.4 FEET SOUTH-SOUTHEAST OF A FENCE, 41 FEET NORTH-NORTHWEST OF THE CENTER LINE OF AN ABANDONED ROAD, 1.1 FEET NORTH-NORTHWEST OF A WITNESS POST, ABOUT 12 FEET LOWER THAN THE HIGHWAY, AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST PROJECTING 0.4 FOOT ABOVE THE GROUND.
|1/1/1968 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1968
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
|1/1/1982 by USGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US GEOLOGICAL SURVEY 1982
1.7 MILE SOUTHWEST ALONG U.S. HWY. 40 FROM THE STATE HWY. SHOP AT ELK SPRINGS, 70 YD SOUTHEAST OF NORTHEAST. END OF A CUT, 210 FT. SOUTHEAST OF HWY., 35 FT. NORTHWEST OF A FENCE, A STANDARD DISK SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST.
|7/20/1991 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1991
STATION IS LOCATED ABOUT 50 KM (31.1 MI) EAST-NORTHEAST OF DINOSAUR, 35 KM (21.7 MI) SOUTHWEST OF MAYBELL, 2.3 KM (1.4 MI) SOUTHWEST OF ELK SPRINGS, AT THE BOTTOM OF AN ELEVATED SECTION OF US HIGHWAY 40, AT MILE 35.35, ON THE RIGHT-OF-WAY, IN THE SOUTHWEST 1/4 OF SECTION 36, T 5 N, R 99 W. OWNERSHIP--STATE DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION. TO REACH FROM THE JUNCTION OF US HIGHWAY 40 AND STATE HIGHWAY 318 JUST WEST OF MAYBELL, GO SOUTHWEST ON HIGHWAY 40 FOR 23.7 MI (38.1 KM) TO A GRAVEL ROAD RIGHT (COUNTY ROAD 14) IN ELK SPRINGS. CONTINUE AHEAD FOR 1.3 MI (2.1 KM) TO A GRAVEL ROAD LEFT THROUGH A CUTBANK. CONTINUE AHEAD FOR 0.3 MI (0.5 KM) TO THE STATION ON THE LEFT. CONTINUE AHEAD FOR 0.05 MI (0.08 KM) TO A LOW CUTBANK. TURN LEFT, THEN LEFT AGAIN, PARALLELING HIGHWAY, NORTHEAST, DOWN SLOPE FOR 0.1 MI (0.2 KM) TO THE STATION. STATION MARK IS SET IN THE TOP OF A 20-CM SQUARE CONCRETE POST PROJECTING 15 CM ABOVE GROUND. IT IS 65.2 M (213.9 FT) , SLOPE, SOUTHEAST OF, AND 10 M (32.8 FT) LOWER THAN THE HIGHWAY CENTER, 11.4 M (37.4 FT) NORTHWEST OF THE HIGHWAY FENCE, 12.2 M (40.0 FT) NORTH OF A UTILITY POLE, 0.4 M (1.3 FT) NORTHWEST OF A METAL WITNESS POST AND 0.9 M (3.0 FT) SOUTHWEST OF A FIBERGLASS WITNESS POST. DESCRIBED BY G.R.HEID
|6/20/1996 by CODH (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY COLORADO STATE DEPARTMENT OF HIGHWAYS 1996 (RSC)
RECOVERED AS DESCRIBED.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by GPS observations and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in May 1992.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The X, Y, and Z were computed from the position and the ellipsoidal ht.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The ellipsoidal height was determined by GPS observations and is referenced to NAD 83.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.