Details for Benchmark: LN0070
N 40° 10.133 W 108° 22.267 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In RIO BLANCO county, CO View Original Datasheet
- B 154
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|1/1/1934 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|1/1/1966 by USGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY US GEOLOGICAL SURVEY 1966
31.9 MI NW FROM MEEKER. 31.9 MILES NORTHWEST ALONG STATE HIGHWAY 64 FROM THE HIGH SCHOOL AT MEEKER, RIO BLANCO COUNTY, 11.1 MILES NORTHWEST OF THE WHITE RIVER BRIDGE ON THE PICEANCE CREEK ROAD, 190 FEET SOUTH OF THE SOUTH WALL OF AN ABANDONED RANCH HOUSE, 63 FEET SOUTHWEST OF THE CNETERLINE OF THE HIGHWAY, 50 FEET WEST OF THE CENTERLINE OF A ROAD LEADING SOUTH UP A VALLEY. A STANDARD DISK, STAMPED B 154 1934 AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST. NOTE-- ANGORA JCT., 7.0 MILES SOUTHEAST.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.