Details for Benchmark: LN0168
N 40° 34.150 W 108° 35.933 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In MOFFAT county, CO View Original Datasheet
- I 8
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- in rock outcrop
- Most reliable and expected to hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1941 by USGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1962 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1962
6.05 MI SE FROM GREYSTONE. 6.05 MILES SOUTHEAST ALONG COUNTY ROAD 10 FROM THE POST OFFICE AND STORE AT GREYSTONE, 180 FEET EAST OF THE CENTER OF A CURVEY WITH TANGENTS NORTHEAST AND NORTHWEST, 126 FEET EAST OF A POWER POLE AT ANGLE IN POWER LINE, 126 FEET SOUTHEAST OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE ROAD, IN THE TOP OF A ROCK LEDGE AT THE SOUTHEAST RIM OF A MESA AND OVERLOOKING A VALLEY TO THE SOUTHEAST.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.