Details for Benchmark: LN0172
N 40° 33.917 W 108° 33.267 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In MOFFAT county, CO View Original Datasheet
- I 7
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- unspecified rock
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1941 by USGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1962 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1962
9.1 MI SE FROM GREYSTONE. 9.1 MILES SOUTHEAST ALONG COUNTY ROAD 10 FROM THE STORE AND POST OFFICE AT GREYSTONE, IN THE TOP OF A 12- BY 12-INCH ROCK WHICH PROJECTS 0.6 FOOT ABOVE THE GROUND, 120 YARDS SOUTH OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE ROAD, 91 FEET EAST OF THE CENTER LINE OF A TRACK ROAD, 65 FEET NORTH OF THE CENTER OF A GATE, 63 FEET NORTH OF A FENCE.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.