Details for Benchmark: LN0260
N 40° 04.033 W 109° 11.900 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In UINTAH county, UT View Original Datasheet
- T 26
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1933 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1933
3.8 MI NW FROM BONANZA. ABOUT 3.8 MILES NORTHWEST ALONG THE WATSON-JENSEN ROAD FROM BONANZA, UINTAH COUNTY, ABOUT 1/2 MILE NORTH OF A SHEEP CAMP IN A VALLEY, ABOUT 0.5 MILE EAST OF A FLAT-TOPPED HILL MARKED BY A PROMINENT ROCK CAIRN, ABOUT 600 FEET EAST OF A ROW OF POLES, ON THE TOP OF A RIDGE, AT THE SUMMIT OF A GRADE, ON THE OUTSIDE OF A CURVE, AND ABOUT 50 FEET NORTHEAST OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE ROAD. A STANDARD DISK, STAMPED 5245.783 T 26 1933 AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST.
|01/01/1981 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1981
THE BENCH MARK IS ABOUT 6.1 KM (3.8 MILES) NORTHWEST ALONG THE WATSON-JENSEN ROAD FROM BONANZA AND ABOUT 0.8 KM (0.5 MILE) NORTH OF AN OLD SHEEP CAMP IN A VALLEY. IT IS 122 M (400 FEET) NORTHEAST FROM THE CENTERLINE OF A PAVED ROAD.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.